Here are some optional solutions offered by ICOM A2 uses to share PSDZ data folders between ESYS and ISTA P.
Possible reason for this:
Having two sets of the files seems to waste 50GB+ of hard drive.
Steps to create a symlink:
1. Delete Folder which should contain additional PSDZdata
1. Start CMD with elevated Adminrights.
2. execute ‘mklink /D C:\PATHtoSYMLINK C:\PathtoPSDZdataFolder’
* That is just an example. Of course you have different folders you have to copy. So you should also link every needed folder
* Some one also use this cmd to create the symlink: mklink /J c:\Data\psdzdata C:\ProgramData\BMW\ISPI\data\TRIC\ISTA-P\BMW\Services\data\ecudata\psdzdata –> After this, E-Sys will always use the same psdzdata as ista/p.
-Delete The psdzdata folder in c: / data
-in Win 8 or Win10 on Search Search CMD (the DOS box)
-Start Of CMD with administrator rights
mklink / D C: \ Data \ psdzdata C: \ Program Data \ BMW \ ISPI \ data \ TRIC \ ISTA-P \ BMW \ Services \ data \ ecudata \ psdzdata